We encourage you to join our vibrant online community of readers to receive exclusive reader opportunities, enter competitions, receive advance news and invites to special events and generally to learn about the incredible books and authors that we have to offer.
When we say "we" or "us", we mean Penguin Random House New Zealand Pty Ltd. When we say "Community", we mean any of the platforms that we use on the Internet where users spend time and may contribute, including, without limitation, our Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn®, Google+, YouTube, SoundCloud, Pinterest and Scribd pages.
All we require in return is that you respect all other people and abide by these Community Guidelines.
We may at any time revise these Community Guidelines by updating this posting. Since you are bound by these Community Guidelines each time you visit our Community, you should periodically check these Community Guidelines.
Enjoy a fun, safe and vibrant community of readers and be nice to each other.
We Value Fairness and Fair Play
Our Community is not a venue for you to harass, defame, abuse, offend, impersonate or intimidate others. We expect our users to respect one another and the community as a whole. This respect should carry over into every area of interaction within our Communities. We support and encourage civil debate and conversation, and we recognise your right to disagree with another person but we also expect you to behave fairly and frame your opinions in a respectful and polite way. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Likewise, comments designed to provoke hatred or incitements to commit violence are not acceptable. Don't submit anything obscene, explicit or otherwise objectionable. Users who violate these rules may have their content removed from all of our Communities and risk having their website user account revoked, and being banned from our Social Media pages. We reserve the right to reject or delete any content, comments or posts you submit for any reason.
It is important to remember that you are responsible for your interactions with other users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other users.
If you see anything that you believe violates these rules or the spirit of our online Community, please let us know immediately by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, please include in your email a link or screenshot of any relevant content and your reasons for objecting to it.
We encourage your engagement, participation and interactions on our social media channels and on our website.
Always keep in mind that you are commenting and sharing your views about the book and not the writer. The purpose of your interactions in our online Community are to inspire, inform, enable and help others to find the right book. Content posted by users on our online Community reflects the opinions and experience of those users, and not us.
The following are some guidelines when posting any material on our online Community.
You must NOT at any time on our online Community:
- Post any comments, reviews, content or photos that don't belong to you or in respect of which you do not have the permission of the copyright owner to post. Copyright infringement is serious to us and our authors and illustrators.
- Post content that includes a photograph or image of another person that has been submitted without that person's consent.
- Use vulgar and inappropriate language in your comments or reviews.
- Post content that is obscene, pornographic, abusive, or harassing/threatening or bullying in nature, content that contains nudity, violence or offensive subject matter or a link to an adult website, or content that exploits people in a sexual or violent manner.
- Post content that incites someone to violence or to commit a criminal act or depicts, alludes to or promotes illegal behaviour or any criminal activity or enterprise.
- Post content that is patently offensive or promotes racism, sexism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Post content that solicits funds or services, including, without limitation, content that involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising or pyramid schemes.
- Post content that solicits personal information from another person, content that provides personal information of another person or content that violates someone's privacy. Personal information may include, without limitation, telephone numbers, street addresses, dates of birth, photographs, email addresses, names or personal banking information.
- Post content that contains viruses or malware, such as Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
- Impersonate anyone or hide behind handles.
- Post content that libels or defames another person.
- Spam. Do not create misleading descriptions, tags, titles or thumbnails in order to increase views. It's not okay to post large amounts of untargeted, unwanted or repetitive content, including comments and private messages. This includes the transmission of ‘junk mail' or ‘chain letters', or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or ‘spamming'.
We encourage our users to contribute to our Community through our website and social media platforms; however, content that is in breach of these Community Guidelines may be removed from our Community immediately.
Upload Original Content Only
Respect the copyright of others. Only upload content you made or are permitted to use. This means no photos, images, literature or any other stuff you've found which you did not create or do not have the permission to use. Remember that just because content is freely viewed (for example, on the Internet), this does not automatically mean that it can be freely used.
We ask that users protect not only their own privacy online, but the privacy of fellow users as well. This means that you shouldn't post anyone's personal information on any of our Communities. No names, dates of birth, photographs, phone numbers, addresses, email addresses or anything else that isn't yours to share. Additionally, don't distribute any user comment or content or post it in other online venues without that user's permission.
User Safety is a Priority
We take user safety very seriously at Penguin Random House New Zealand. If you feel that another user is exhibiting predatory behaviour toward you or another user, including, without limitation, stalking, threats, harassment, or intimidation or otherwise not acting in the spirit of our Community, please notify us immediately at email@example.com. If applicable, please include in your email a link to any relevant content and your reasons for objecting to it.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with feedback, questions or issues.
We will do our best to help you with the information or assistance you are seeking.
Last updated on: 27 November 2018.