The definitive guide to planting bulbs, including all the new varieties and up-to-date techniques for care. From Alan Titchmarsh's How to Garden series of gardening handbooks
Daffodils and tulips herald the arrival of spring, but from the earliest snowdrops to autumn crocosmias, bulbs bring colour and interest to gardens all year round. They can be naturalized in lawns, planted in containers, fill gaps between shrubs or form the basis of stunning borders. This definitive guide gives you Alan Titchmarsh's advice on how to plant bulbs for best effect in your garden.
* A-Z directory of Alan's recommended bulbs, corms, tubers and rhizomes
* Easy-to-follow plans show how to use bulbs in various situations and at different times of year
* Practical tips for growing bulbs in grass, rockeries, containers, indoors and for cutting
* Planting and growing techniques
* Seasonal planting for year-round colour and scent