10 things to know about The Fault in Our Stars author.
- He won the 2006 Printz Award for his debut novel, Looking for Alaska.
- Upon leaving college he intended to become an Episcopal priest spending time working as a student chaplain.
- He worked for the book review journal Booklist as a publishing assistant and production editor.
- In 2007, John and his brother, Hank Green, began to talk primarily through video blogs posted to YouTube. The videos spawned a community of people called ‘nerdfighters,’ who fight for intellectualism and to decrease the overall worldwide level of suck.
- Green’s definition of a nerd is someone who is ‘enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness.’
- His books have been published in more than twenty languages.
- Hank has produced the widely-loved Emmy Award-winning YouTube series The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.
- John is the recipient of the LA Times 2013 Innovator’s Award. This award is given to people and institutions doing cutting edge work to bring books, publishing and storytelling into the future.
- Recently helped crowded source financial advertising support for a UK soccer/football team.
- Has, together with Hank, raised well over 1.3m through their Project For Awesome annual charity fundraiser.
Itching for more information about the new book from John Green? Us too. Here’s everything you need to know.
Hairy Maclary and his friends are known and loved all over the world. But how familiar are you with Dame Lynley Dodd's other creations? There are plenty to discover, and just like Hairy Maclary, they all feature Lynely's uniquely exuberant artwork and gorgeously readable rhymes! Here are some suggestions to get you started.
After an exhausting and unusual 2020, we’ve got plenty of reasons to be grateful for a new year, not least because of the stellar line up of children’s books we have coming your way over the next few months!Read on for a sneak peek at some of the best new children’s books we’re bringing to you in 2021.
Sometimes a story is best told alongside a beautiful picture, Here's a small selection of some of our favourite 2020 picture books from local creators.
If you’re planning to head to the shops for a last-minute Christmas here's what destitute gourmet wants you to think about!
If you’re new to the world of audiobooks and aren’t sure where to start or if you’re looking for the perfect book to listen to on your summer road trip adventures, we’ve got some great suggestions for you!
From the influence of family to his political rise and the world events that shaped his presidency, Barack Obama covers enormous ground in his Presidential Memoirs, Volume 1: A Promised Land. Here we break down some of the key themes and turning points.
From inauguration through to Operation Neptune’s Spear, take a look at the milestones covered in Barack Obama's riveting memoir.
Here's a selection of children's stories that have received a big thumbs up from Barack and Michelle Obama.
Ever wanted to know a bit more about Slinky Malinki's friends?
Meet the characters from the beloved children's series.
Rick Riordan's books are perfect for 12+ readers who love action, adventure, and a good dose of humour from their books. We've outlined some of Rick Riordan’s most impressive, imaginative worlds so you can decide which adventure to go on first.