Itching for more information about the new book from John Green? Us too. Here’s everything you need to know.
1. The book’s called Turtles All the Way Down.
2. It begins with a fugitive billionaire and a cash reward.
3. The story is about lifelong friendship, the intimacy of an unexpected reunion, and Star Wars fan fiction.
4. It’s also about Tuatara, which are reptiles that live in New Zealand. They look like lizards, but aren’t.
5. Its heroine is 16 year-old Aza Holmes.
6. Aza sets out to look for clues to find the missing billionaire, whilst grappling with mental illness.
7. Her story is partly inspired by some of John’s own experiences. He says:
“This is my first attempt to write directly about the kind of mental illness that has affected my life since childhood, so while the story is fictional, it is also quite personal."
8. John’s last book was published six years ago, and he’ s been working on this one for years. But that’s not unusual – The Fault in Our Stars took 10 years to write.
9. Readers should expect plenty of metaphors! In John’s words:
‘The great thing about figurative language and symbols and the like in novels is that you don’t have to be conscious of them for them to work.’
10. Turtles All the Way Down will be published at 3.01pm on 10 October, 2017 (AEDT).
10 things to know about The Fault in Our Stars author.
Author Krystal Sutherland shares her favourite stories.
The First Lady of the United States pens a letter to her younger self.
We wanted to know what young Kiwi readers thought about Jesse O's book Locked Down (hint: they loved it!). Read on to see their reviews.
When Jesse O wrote Locked Down (then titled Staying Home) back in 2011, she never imagined that almost a decade later, the events of her novel would prove spookily accurate . . .
Syd, the Muster Pony tells the story of the Wilson sisters' most epic adventure yet, and it's inspired by a real-life road trip Kelly and her sisters took in 2001! (warning: this article might induce a desperate longing to go adventuring around the country, read on at your own risk)
Find out the inspiration behind Beyond Burnout, as well as what you'll learn from reading it!
From contemporary rom-coms, to literary debuts, to the creepiest modern gothic fairytale you could imagine (seriously . . . it is AWESOME!), we've got some stellar YA lined up for you this year. Read on for recommendations for your TBR pile!
In How to Avoid a Climate Disaster, Bill Gates outlines just some of the hurdles between humanity and a net-zero carbon world.
Hairy Maclary and his friends are known and loved all over the world. But how familiar are you with Dame Lynley Dodd's other creations? There are plenty to discover, and just like Hairy Maclary, they all feature Lynely's uniquely exuberant artwork and gorgeously readable rhymes! Here are some suggestions to get you started.
After an exhausting and unusual 2020, we’ve got plenty of reasons to be grateful for a new year, not least because of the stellar line up of children’s books we have coming your way over the next few months!Read on for a sneak peek at some of the best new children’s books we’re bringing to you in 2021.
Sometimes a story is best told alongside a beautiful picture, Here's a small selection of some of our favourite 2020 picture books from local creators.