Ponder whether one life is worth more than another with Fiona McIntosh's latest thriller.
Described by Better Reading as '...a gritty, action-packed and heart-stopping thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end,' Mirror Man is an excellent choice for book club. Pour everyone a cup of tea and get stuck into the thought-provoking questions below.
Discussion points and questions:
- Justice means something different to everyone. Discuss.
- ‘Whoever is killing these people is killing criminals.’ Can taking another human life ever be justified?
- Why do you think Jack is so reluctant to reveal to the public that he suspects they have a vigilante killer on their hands?
- Lauren is ruthless in the pursuit of her story. Did you find this quality admirable in her case, or did she cross a line?
- In what ways did the perpetrator ‘mirror’ the crimes of his victims?
- Do you understand Kate’s affection for Jack, or is she simply making life difficult for herself?
- In what ways can the legal system let us down?
- Do you appreciate and even share Jack’s sympathy towards Anne, or should she be seen as just another cold-hearted killer like any other?
- Why does Jack have such bad luck with women? Discuss in relation to Mirror Man and the previous two novels in the DCI Jack Hawksworth series.
- Is one life ever worth more than another?
Sweep your book club off to the sun-kissed vineyards of rural France.
A sweeping, epic story of love and betrayal from Fiona McIntosh; The Pearl Thief will leave a lasting impression on your book club.
Absorb the heroism, heartache and healing of The Tea Gardens with your book club.
The bestselling author discusses tapping back into Jack's world, twisty-turny stories and her favourite crime dramas.
Fiona McIntosh shares five surprising facts she learned while researching The Champagne War.
Done binging the latest TV sensation? Pick up a book and keep the good times rolling.
Fiona McIntosh on the jewels and journeys that sparked the idea for her latest novel.
Fiona McIntosh on studying 1930’s Britain and India in pursuit of the perfect setting for her latest novel.
Download McIntosh’s story behind her novel, The Perfumer’s Secret.
A magnificent literary pick for book club.
An exciting new thriller from the author of The Girl on the Train to discuss with your book club.
This heart-stopping thriller set on the rugged coast of Tasmania is an excellent choice for book club.