Get to know Diary of a Wimpy Kid author Jeff Kinney.
- He still doesn't have to shave too often.
- His first decent drawing was of a turtle at the age of 3 (Jeff, not the turtle).
- He plays the piano ‘very, very poorly’.
- Jeff's brother Scott has written one of the songs in the movie, Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
- He created the kids' website Poptropica.com.
- His favourite computer games are the Mario Kart series.
- His favourite sandwich is peanut butter and jelly (eeeuw).
- His favourite song is ‘Brownville Girl’ by Bob Dylan.
- He has two brothers and a sister.
- At one stage he studied to become a federal law enforcement officer.
What’s this!? A superhero based on kindness and friendship? It can only be… AMAZING GUY!
Are you more of a Greg or a Rowley? Take your pick then DIY your Wimpy Kid costume with these printable masks.
Everything you need to celebrate the new Jeff Kinney release.
Wimpy Kid Greg has a few helpful suggestions for activities at home.
Get your kids excited to get back into reading after the summer holidays with these fantastic adventures!
Need help finding your next great beach read? This collection has every kind of reader covered.
What do NZ YA fans really think of Karen McManus' latest book?
Summer is a great time to catch up on prizewinners from the previous 12 months, return to old favourites or for a bit of personal development. Here are our top five suggestions.
Turn reading over the summer into a game! Download and print off our book bingo sheet for inventive ways to enjoy a story and try different genres. Read under a tree; read a non-fiction book, visit a library; are you up to the challenge?
The bestselling author of Gifts of Imperfection and Dare to Lead on the vastness of human emotion.
Five students get detention, only four leave alive. How far would you go to protect your secrets?
From Earth’s very origins, weather has exerted its mercurial influence and shaped the world we know. Wielding tempests and storms, weather has the power to disrupt and destroy; yet at its most gentle, it can relieve and restore.