All you need to know about Yuval Noah Harari's new book 21 Lessons for the 21st century, which covers today's urgent issues from terrorism to fake news.
1. 21 Lessons for the 21st Century is Yuval Noah Harari’s third book and published in August 2018.
2. His previous books are both global phenomena: in Sapiens he writes about the past, and in Homo Deus he writes about the future. In 21 Lessons for the 21st Century, he looks at the here and now, helping us to focus our minds on the essential questions we should be asking ourselves today.
3. 21 Lessons will examine some of the world’s most urgent issues, including terrorism, fake news and immigration
4. He'll also turn his attention to more individual concerns, from resilience and humility to meditation.
5. Harari says of 21 Lessons:
"My new book will aim to answer the overarching question: what is happening in the world today, what is the deeper meaning of these events and how can we individually steer our way through them? The questions I aim to explore will include what the rise of Trump signifies, whether or not God is back, and whether nationalism can help solve problems like global warming."
Five facts the book has taught us about one of the most inspirational women of our time.
Netflix have announced a new documentary following Michelle Obama during the publication of her bestselling memoir, Becoming, which will be released on Wednesday 6 May.
A reading guide for Michelle Obama’s intimate, powerful and inspiring memoir.
Hairy Maclary and his friends are known and loved all over the world. But how familiar are you with Dame Lynley Dodd's other creations? There are plenty to discover, and just like Hairy Maclary, they all feature Lynely's uniquely exuberant artwork and gorgeously readable rhymes! Here are some suggestions to get you started.
After an exhausting and unusual 2020, we’ve got plenty of reasons to be grateful for a new year, not least because of the stellar line up of children’s books we have coming your way over the next few months!Read on for a sneak peek at some of the best new children’s books we’re bringing to you in 2021.
Sometimes a story is best told alongside a beautiful picture, Here's a small selection of some of our favourite 2020 picture books from local creators.
If you’re planning to head to the shops for a last-minute Christmas here's what destitute gourmet wants you to think about!
If you’re new to the world of audiobooks and aren’t sure where to start or if you’re looking for the perfect book to listen to on your summer road trip adventures, we’ve got some great suggestions for you!
From the influence of family to his political rise and the world events that shaped his presidency, Barack Obama covers enormous ground in his Presidential Memoirs, Volume 1: A Promised Land. Here we break down some of the key themes and turning points.
From inauguration through to Operation Neptune’s Spear, take a look at the milestones covered in Barack Obama's riveting memoir.
Here's a selection of children's stories that have received a big thumbs up from Barack and Michelle Obama.
Ever wanted to know a bit more about Slinky Malinki's friends?