President Bill Clinton and bestselling author James Patterson have teamed up to write the thriller of the year. It's all top secret, of course, but here's a quick peek behind the scenes...
1. The President is Missing is the story of a sitting president who disappears during an international crisis. What follows is the most dangerous, dramatic three days in American history.
2. Written by President Bill Clinton and global thriller master James Patterson, The President is Missing is an incredibly unique writing collaboration. James Patterson has sold over 375 million books worldwide, whereas Clinton has written four non-fiction books. The President is Missing is his first novel (and the first time an American president has co-authored a thriller) – although he holds a healthy 2-0 lead over Patterson when it comes to victories in presidential elections.
3. Bill Clinton was able to draw on his experience to help shape the story. As Clinton says, ‘every once in a while, as we were writing or discussing a particular twist, I’d suggest something that Jim thought was a bit far-fetched. And I could see why he’d think so, but I’d tell him: “knowing what I know, Jim, this could actually happen.”
4. With hidden sub-basements and secret passages, the White House is the perfect setting for a thriller – and with details drawn from Bill Clinton’s knowledge of the iconic building, you will truly feel immersed.
5. Patterson describes the novel as ‘full of twists and turns – kind of like being President’. Clinton’s response? ‘Jim, you have no idea!’
6. The President is Missing will be adapted for television screens and is set to be a major television event. Get your fantasy cast at the ready.
The President is Missing is published on 4 June 2018.
A quick guide to Patterson’s most popular crime series.
Anthony Horowitz returns with Forever and a Day, the explosive prequel to Ian Fleming’s Casino Royale.
The bestselling author of Orphan X answers our quickfire questions.
When Jesse O wrote Locked Down (then titled Staying Home) back in 2011, she never imagined that almost a decade later, the events of her novel would prove spookily accurate . . .
Syd, the Muster Pony tells the story of the Wilson sisters' most epic adventure yet, and it's inspired by a real-life road trip Kelly and her sisters took in 2001! (warning: this article might induce a desperate longing to go adventuring around the country, read on at your own risk)
Find out the inspiration behind Beyond Burnout, as well as what you'll learn from reading it!
From contemporary rom-coms, to literary debuts, to the creepiest modern gothic fairytale you could imagine (seriously . . . it is AWESOME!), we've got some stellar YA lined up for you this year. Read on for recommendations for your TBR pile!
In How to Avoid a Climate Disaster, Bill Gates outlines just some of the hurdles between humanity and a net-zero carbon world.
Hairy Maclary and his friends are known and loved all over the world. But how familiar are you with Dame Lynley Dodd's other creations? There are plenty to discover, and just like Hairy Maclary, they all feature Lynely's uniquely exuberant artwork and gorgeously readable rhymes! Here are some suggestions to get you started.
After an exhausting and unusual 2020, we’ve got plenty of reasons to be grateful for a new year, not least because of the stellar line up of children’s books we have coming your way over the next few months!Read on for a sneak peek at some of the best new children’s books we’re bringing to you in 2021.
Sometimes a story is best told alongside a beautiful picture, Here's a small selection of some of our favourite 2020 picture books from local creators.
If you’re planning to head to the shops for a last-minute Christmas here's what destitute gourmet wants you to think about!