Here’s everything you need to know about The Starless Sea, the spellbinding new novel from Erin Morgenstern.
1. The wait is finally over. Fans of The Night Circus have been waiting seven years to see what Erin Morgenstern will write next, the wait is nearly over with the publication of The Starless Sea on 5th November 2019.
2. It’s the perfect read for booklovers. The Starless Sea is all about the power of stories. It begins with the main character, Zachary, finding a story from his own childhood in a strange old book and uncovering a series of clues that lead him to a hidden subterranean library.
3. And gamers will love it too! Erin Morgenstern was inspired by RPGs (role playing games) when writing The Starless Sea. Keen-eyed readers will notice references to the video games Skyrim, Bioshock and Dragon Age: Inquisition in the novel.
4. Books within books. The novel is divided into six ‘books’ named after fictional stories read by the characters, such as Sweet Sorrows, Fortunes and Fables and The Ballad of Simon and Eleanor.
5. A glimpse at Erin Morgenstern’s bookshelf. The real books mentioned in The Starless Sea give a clue to Erin’s influences when writing the book. They include The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters (a gothic mystery), the Harry Potter series (magical fantasy), The Long Goodbye by Raymond Chandler (detective thriller) and The Princess Bride by William Goldman (fantasy love story).
The author of the international bestselling novel, The Night Circus returns in 2019 with a magical, timeless and wholly original love story set in a secret underground world.
Lynette Noni, bestselling author of YA fantasy The Prison Healer trilogy shares how she creates unforgettable characters that feel like real people.
Wondering what to read after Everything I Know About Love? If you’re a fan of Dolly Alderton’s first book, then you’ll love her second book: Ghosts. Learn all about it and discover more similar titles.
Meet the characters from The Summer I Turned Pretty books. Learn about the main characters and important family members who play a role in the trilogy.
Take this quiz to find out which character you’re most like from The Summer I Turned Pretty.
These five easy steps will teach you how to do square breathing for anxiety. Using this simple mindfulness tool can help lower your heart rate and curb anxious thoughts the moment they arise.
Temperatures are dropping, the nights are getting darker and it’s the perfect time to find a cozy spot to curl up with a good book . . .
What do NZ YA fans really think of Fleur Beale's latest book?
If you're a fan of contemporary romance with humour and wit, you've probably heard of Emily Henry - find out which of her novels you should pick up with this handy quiz!
International bestselling author Karen M. McManus is known for her high school thrillers
For most of us, energy peaks and troughs throughout the day are something we accept as part of life – but what if it didn’t have to be that way?
The Cunninghams don't really get along, and every one of them has killed someone. Meet the family to help you find the culprit.