I confess that I was seduced by the man who made this dish for me.
It’s sexiness on a plate.
- 2 skinless cod fillets (roughly 250g)
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- Leaves from 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 40ml tahini (loosened with a little hot water if required)
- 10g fresh dill, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 200g spinach
- 20g pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Place the cod fillets on a baking tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with a little oil, season and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Sauté the shallots in the oil with the thyme and fennel seeds for about 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the tahini, along with 80ml boiling water, and stir, over a very low heat, until the sauce is nice and smooth. Add more hot water if necessary. Stir in the dill and lemon juice with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a separate pan, wilt the spinach with a splash of boiling water, then add some seasoning.
- Place the cod on top of the spinach, spoon over the tahini sauce and garnish with the pine nuts and some fresh dill. Serve with a pile of steamed green veg.
Hungry for more recipes? Sign up to our foodie email here
I love rhubarb and used to grow it outside my window in east London.
For a nutritious meal you can whip up in a flash without compromising on delicious flavour, you can't go past this.
Mushroom lovers rejoice! This flavour-packed vegetarian main dish from the co-author of bestselling Ottolenghi FLAVOUR, Ixta Belfrage, is sure to impress.
I developed a habit of eating the entire shrimp when I was a kid.
This cake is a must for speculoos biscuit lovers.
Try your hand at this stuffed aubergine recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi's Jerusalem.
Try this Spicy Miso Salmon with Broccoli Rice recipe from Good + Simple.
Try this free recipe from Rick Stein’s From Venice to Istanbul.
Try Marian Keyes' Ginger & Lime Cheescake recipe from Saved by Cake.
Try this decadent recipe from Maggie’s Kitchen by Maggie Beer.
Try this free recipe from The Cook's Companion by Stephanie Alexander.
Try this free recipe from Jamie’s Italy by Jamie Oliver.