Anthony Horowitz returns with Forever and a Day, the explosive prequel to Ian Fleming’s Casino Royale.
M laid down his pipe and stared at it tetchily. “We have no choice. We’re just going to bring forward this other chap you’ve been preparing. But you didn’t tell me his name.”
“It’s Bond, sir,” the Chief of Staff replied.
1. '007 is dead'. Towards the beginning of the novel British secret agent 007 is found floating in the waters of Marseilles, killed by an unknown hand. It’s time for a new agent to step up.
2. Forever and a Day is a prequel to Casino Royale, the first of Ian Fleming’s James Bond novels.
3. The novel follows Bond as he earns his licence to kill and explores the origin story of Fleming’s iconic character.
4. It’s classic Bond, featuring appearances from familiar faces such as M and Miss Moneypenny.
5. Anthony Horowitz is the only author to have woven his stories within the same timeline as Ian Fleming. His first 007 novel Trigger Mortis published in 2015, followed on from Bond’s run-in with Goldfinger.
6. The book also includes previously unpublished material by original James Bond author and creator Ian Fleming.
7. Forever and a Day will be published on 31 May 2018 – in the week of what would have been Fleming’s 110th birthday.
President Bill Clinton and bestselling author James Patterson have teamed up to write the thriller of the year. It's all top secret, of course, but here's a quick peek behind the scenes...
All the background information on Candice Fox and James Patterson’s fiery detective.
Track down your reading group to discuss Candice Fox's latest thriller.
The bestselling author of Orphan X answers our quickfire questions.
Figuring out how to talk to children about difficult emotions can sometimes feel impossible. Books can offer a good gateway to starting these conversations. Here are some books that might help you to navigate those tricky topics.
We know it can be tricky to find the perfect recipe to make mum for Mother’s Day so we’ve put together this list of fantastic recipe ideas from some of our favourite cookbooks. Whether you’re looking for a cosy soup or a sweet treat, or something in between, we’ve got you covered!
Author Krystal Sutherland shares her favourite stories.
The First Lady of the United States pens a letter to her younger self.
We wanted to know what young Kiwi readers thought about Jesse O's book Locked Down (hint: they loved it!). Read on to see their reviews.
When Jesse O wrote Locked Down (then titled Staying Home) back in 2011, she never imagined that almost a decade later, the events of her novel would prove spookily accurate . . .
Syd, the Muster Pony tells the story of the Wilson sisters' most epic adventure yet, and it's inspired by a real-life road trip Kelly and her sisters took in 2001! (warning: this article might induce a desperate longing to go adventuring around the country, read on at your own risk)
Find out the inspiration behind Beyond Burnout, as well as what you'll learn from reading it!