Anthony Horowitz returns with Forever and a Day, the explosive prequel to Ian Fleming’s Casino Royale.
M laid down his pipe and stared at it tetchily. “We have no choice. We’re just going to bring forward this other chap you’ve been preparing. But you didn’t tell me his name.”
“It’s Bond, sir,” the Chief of Staff replied.
1. '007 is dead'. Towards the beginning of the novel British secret agent 007 is found floating in the waters of Marseilles, killed by an unknown hand. It’s time for a new agent to step up.
2. Forever and a Day is a prequel to Casino Royale, the first of Ian Fleming’s James Bond novels.
3. The novel follows Bond as he earns his licence to kill and explores the origin story of Fleming’s iconic character.
4. It’s classic Bond, featuring appearances from familiar faces such as M and Miss Moneypenny.
5. Anthony Horowitz is the only author to have woven his stories within the same timeline as Ian Fleming. His first 007 novel Trigger Mortis published in 2015, followed on from Bond’s run-in with Goldfinger.
6. The book also includes previously unpublished material by original James Bond author and creator Ian Fleming.
7. Forever and a Day will be published on 31 May 2018 – in the week of what would have been Fleming’s 110th birthday.
President Bill Clinton and bestselling author James Patterson have teamed up to write the thriller of the year. It's all top secret, of course, but here's a quick peek behind the scenes...
All the background information on Candice Fox and James Patterson’s fiery detective.
Ponder whether one life is worth more than another with Fiona McIntosh's latest thriller.
Track down your reading group to discuss Candice Fox's latest thriller.
The bestselling author of Orphan X answers our quickfire questions.
Hirini never thought he would become a musician. He couldn't read music, but he was good at listening and very dedicated, so he taught himself.
Meri worked and worked and worked. ‘I’ll never give up,’ she vowed. She could see a better future for Māori women, and knew they deserved it.
Secrets, thrills, heartbreak, and adventure. . . we bet we've got your favourite new read covered!
The shortlist for the 2021 Booker Prize has been announced, with four Penguin Random House novels named.
Kōrerotia te reo this Māori Language Week 2021 with our selection of Māori Language books.
The author of The Edible Backyard shares five of her favourite spring crops, why they're so fantastic and tips on how you can enjoy them too!
Looking for your kid's next great read? Let our Puffin Ambassadors tell you why you should pick up Coastwatcher, a thrilling adventure novel for 9+ readers.